Lego Lord of the Rings outed by toy sets offered to reviewers
A video game version of LEGO Lord of the Rings may be on its way, according to images of Lego toy boxes and a now-removed listing on retailer ShopTo's website which were spotted for the title.
Early versions of the Lego Lord of the Rings toy set due out this Summer were made available to toy reviewers and display the logo for Lego game developer Traveller's Tales and its parent company Warner Bros., MCV reports.
It is likely Warner plans to reveal the new title at this year's E3 next month.
Traveller's Tales secured the Lego license in 2004, resulting in a number of franchise crossovers within the LEGO universe, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter.
The original listing for the Xbox 360 title on ShopTo included an October 26 release date.
We have contacted Warner Bros. for comment and will update the story when further information is available.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business