DSi and DSi XL get price drops on May 20.
Effective May 20, the Nintendo DSi will drop to $99.99 and the Nintendo DSi XL will sell for $129.99, Nintendo announced this morning.
The systems currently sell for $149.99 and $169.99.
Both systems, Nintendo reminds us, come pre-loaded with an assortment of apps including Flipnote Studio and DSi Camera and DSi Sound. The DSi XL also includes Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters, Photo Clock and Brain Age Express: Math.
The DSi was launched in Japan in 2008 and in North America in 2009. The larger, XL model hit a year later.
The date of the price drop, May 20, also happens to be the day that Nintendo starts selling a Midnight Purple 3DS. No price drop for the 3DS has been announced.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?