DSi and DSi XL get price drops on May 20.
Effective May 20, the Nintendo DSi will drop to $99.99 and the Nintendo DSi XL will sell for $129.99, Nintendo announced this morning.
The systems currently sell for $149.99 and $169.99.
Both systems, Nintendo reminds us, come pre-loaded with an assortment of apps including Flipnote Studio and DSi Camera and DSi Sound. The DSi XL also includes Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters, Photo Clock and Brain Age Express: Math.
The DSi was launched in Japan in 2008 and in North America in 2009. The larger, XL model hit a year later.
The date of the price drop, May 20, also happens to be the day that Nintendo starts selling a Midnight Purple 3DS. No price drop for the 3DS has been announced.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules