DSi and DSi XL get price drops on May 20.
Effective May 20, the Nintendo DSi will drop to $99.99 and the Nintendo DSi XL will sell for $129.99, Nintendo announced this morning.
The systems currently sell for $149.99 and $169.99.
Both systems, Nintendo reminds us, come pre-loaded with an assortment of apps including Flipnote Studio and DSi Camera and DSi Sound. The DSi XL also includes Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters, Photo Clock and Brain Age Express: Math.
The DSi was launched in Japan in 2008 and in North America in 2009. The larger, XL model hit a year later.
The date of the price drop, May 20, also happens to be the day that Nintendo starts selling a Midnight Purple 3DS. No price drop for the 3DS has been announced.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)