Our first look at Assassin's Creed 3 gameplay.
Half-English, Half-Mohawk protagonist Connor Kenway as a stranger in a strange land seems to be a pivotal theme in Ubisoft's upcoming Assassin's Creed 3, according to a new trailer released for the game.
The video, first glimpsed as a 40-second teaser earlier this week, now gives us a more than two minute look into the early Americas' world of Assassin's Creed 3.
In the trailer we see Connor taking down Red Coats, free-running through Colonial towns and fighting his way through massive battlefields filled with volleys of gunfire. The impressive scope of those battlefield moments look like they could introduce an entirely new facet to the series. What might be more interesting, though, is how the game eventually explores the role Native Americans played during the American Revolutionary War.
Historically, most Native American tribes either remained neutral or supported the British. The Mohawk nation, in particular, was involved in attacks against rebel settlements.
In this trailer we mostly see Connor taking out Red Coats, but he also alludes to not having any specific loyalties to one side or the other.
The end of the trailer also highlights the content you can get if you pre-order the game at GameStop. The content includes a single-player Mayan Ruins missions and a sawtooth sword.
Assassin's Creed 3 hits North American on Oct. 30 and PAL territories the next day.
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27