Xbox 360: Minecraft Edition is breaking records.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition set new one-day sales records on Xbox Live Arcade today, selling enough copies to pay for development and start making money for the developers in an hour, according to Microsoft and developer Markus "Notch" Persson.
While Microsoft declined to give out specific numbers, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb wrote on his site that there are more than 400,000 people currently playing the game. The previous one-day sales record was held by Trials Evolution, which hit Xbox Live Arcade in April.
If you're interested in learning more about the game's transition from the PC and Mac to the Xbox 360, check out our review.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.