Xbox 360: Minecraft Edition is breaking records.
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition set new one-day sales records on Xbox Live Arcade today, selling enough copies to pay for development and start making money for the developers in an hour, according to Microsoft and developer Markus "Notch" Persson.
While Microsoft declined to give out specific numbers, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb wrote on his site that there are more than 400,000 people currently playing the game. The previous one-day sales record was held by Trials Evolution, which hit Xbox Live Arcade in April.
If you're interested in learning more about the game's transition from the PC and Mac to the Xbox 360, check out our review.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?