Angry Birds creator reveals new game Amazing Alex
Angry Birds developer Rovio announced today a new game titled Amazing Alex, which will release in two months time.
Speaking on Finnish TV channel Yle, Rovio CEO Mikael Hed stated the game is based on the Rube Goldberg-like Casey's Contraptions IP, acquired recently by the company.
The game will feature educational elements and revolved around Alex, described as a curious boy with interest in building things.
"The quality pressure is high," Hed went on to say. "We want to maintain the high standard Angry Birds fans have come to enjoy."
Yesterday Rovio confirmed to Gamasutra it purchased the rights to the Casey's Contraptions IP, explaining its gameplay style fits with the studio's development of physics-based titles.
"The gameplay is a perfect fit in our arsenal with its approachable, fun and highly addictive take on the physics puzzler genre. We are currently reworking the title to enhance it, and getting ready to re-introduce it in a true 'expect the unexpected' Rovio style launch to an even larger audience."
We have contacted Rovio for further information regarding this upcoming game and will update the story in due course.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!