Angry Birds creator reveals new game Amazing Alex
Angry Birds developer Rovio announced today a new game titled Amazing Alex, which will release in two months time.
Speaking on Finnish TV channel Yle, Rovio CEO Mikael Hed stated the game is based on the Rube Goldberg-like Casey's Contraptions IP, acquired recently by the company.
The game will feature educational elements and revolved around Alex, described as a curious boy with interest in building things.
"The quality pressure is high," Hed went on to say. "We want to maintain the high standard Angry Birds fans have come to enjoy."
Yesterday Rovio confirmed to Gamasutra it purchased the rights to the Casey's Contraptions IP, explaining its gameplay style fits with the studio's development of physics-based titles.
"The gameplay is a perfect fit in our arsenal with its approachable, fun and highly addictive take on the physics puzzler genre. We are currently reworking the title to enhance it, and getting ready to re-introduce it in a true 'expect the unexpected' Rovio style launch to an even larger audience."
We have contacted Rovio for further information regarding this upcoming game and will update the story in due course.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Battlefield 4's Naval Strike DLC includes dynamic weather, sunrises and a hovercraft
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Towerfall Diamond League
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC