Angry Birds creator reveals new game Amazing Alex
Angry Birds developer Rovio announced today a new game titled Amazing Alex, which will release in two months time.
Speaking on Finnish TV channel Yle, Rovio CEO Mikael Hed stated the game is based on the Rube Goldberg-like Casey's Contraptions IP, acquired recently by the company.
The game will feature educational elements and revolved around Alex, described as a curious boy with interest in building things.
"The quality pressure is high," Hed went on to say. "We want to maintain the high standard Angry Birds fans have come to enjoy."
Yesterday Rovio confirmed to Gamasutra it purchased the rights to the Casey's Contraptions IP, explaining its gameplay style fits with the studio's development of physics-based titles.
"The gameplay is a perfect fit in our arsenal with its approachable, fun and highly addictive take on the physics puzzler genre. We are currently reworking the title to enhance it, and getting ready to re-introduce it in a true 'expect the unexpected' Rovio style launch to an even larger audience."
We have contacted Rovio for further information regarding this upcoming game and will update the story in due course.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC