Mobile title Jetpack Joyride now available on Facebook
Popular mobile game Jetpack Joyride is now available on Facebook in beta form, developer Halfbrick announced today.
The Facebook title features Jetpack hero Barry Steakfries in a mission to infiltrate a jetpack-filled laboratory and maneuver around obstacles in the endless runner-style action game.
"The active and casual nature of Facebook gaming allows us to do even more with the beloved franchise and focus on the game's addictive competitive elements and endless replayability," explained Halfbrick chief marketing officer Phil Larson in a prepared statement.
Users can compete with friends on Facebook to achieve the highest score on its online leaderboard by dodging obstacles, collecting coins and piloting vehicles. In addition achievements and microtransactions can be used to upgrade gear with items such as coin magnets, x-ray specs and score boosting bombs. Screenshots of the game can also be saved directly onto the user's Facebook profile.
Jetpack Joyride originally launched last year with over 350,000 downloads in its first week. So far the game surpassed 25 million downloads.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer