The studio behind Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning may be in financial trouble after reports that the studio head has been meeting with state officials. Governor Lincoln Chafee told NBC 10 that state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios' owner and former Red Sox pitcher, Curt Schilling to work on "different issues".
The studio behind Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning may be in financial trouble, reportedly meeting with state officials to discuss its financial future.
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee told NBC 10 that state officials have been meeting with 38 Studios' owner and former Red Sox pitcher, Curt Schilling to work on "different issues".
"We're always working to keep Rhode Island companies solvent, and that's what we're doing with 38 studios," Chafee said.
"We're working with 38 Studios on different issues. That's all I can report now."
38 Studios was founded in Massachusetts but moved to Rhode Island in 2010 after officials guaranteed a $75 million loan. NBC 10 reports that at the time, the state said its backing would help the company bring hundreds of jobs and and millions of dollars in tax revenue to the state.
38 Studios will not be showing any games at E3. We have reached out to the studio for comment and will update this story when they respond.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?