The Elder Scrolls Online gets its Daggerfall Covenant faction detailed
ZeniMax Online Studios dropped some additional details regarding one of The Elder Scrolls Online's three playable factions, The Daggerfall Covenant.
As detailed on GameInformer, the faction is made up of the Breton, Orc and Redguard races based in the provinces of High Rock and Hammerfall, the latter which borders Cyrodill and Skyrim. The Daggerfall Covenant is represented by the lion on the ouroboros icon.
"There is a lot of historical friction between the redguards and the bretons," explained director Matt Firor.
"There have been a lot of little wars between them, and there has been as much internal fighting in High Rock as there has been with external provinces, but it's a much more settled area and a little more peaceful. The Bretons have given the orcs their own homeland within their territory, and all three races like and respect each other."
"This faction is a lot more democratic than the others."
The Elder Scrolls Online was first announced in early May and will feature The Ebonheart Pact made up of the Nords, Dunmer and Argonians and The Aldmeri Dominion which includes Altmer, Khajit and Bosmer, in addition to the Daggerfall Covenant.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- The best part about the 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' crossover might be 'Bob's Burgers'
- Bravely Default outshines modern Final Fantasy titles by selling one million units