PSN introduces pre-buy and pre-load option
PlayStation Network users are now able to pre-load unreleased titles thanks to Sony's new "pre-buy" option, a new feature which functions similarly to the pre-loading capabilities of digital distribution platform Steam.
PlayStation 3 users will be able to download titles prior to their scheduled release and play immediately on the title's launch date. They can expect to be charged two days prior to the release of the game.
The first title to use the new system is PlayStation Move enabled Sorcery, scheduled to release later this week.
"Sorcery was the first game to have it but others will follow suit," a Sony representative confirmed to Polygon.
The game is currently available to pre-load from the European version of PlayStation Network and should be available in North American soon.
More from Polygon
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites