PSN introduces pre-buy and pre-load option
PlayStation Network users are now able to pre-load unreleased titles thanks to Sony's new "pre-buy" option, a new feature which functions similarly to the pre-loading capabilities of digital distribution platform Steam.
PlayStation 3 users will be able to download titles prior to their scheduled release and play immediately on the title's launch date. They can expect to be charged two days prior to the release of the game.
The first title to use the new system is PlayStation Move enabled Sorcery, scheduled to release later this week.
"Sorcery was the first game to have it but others will follow suit," a Sony representative confirmed to Polygon.
The game is currently available to pre-load from the European version of PlayStation Network and should be available in North American soon.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)