XCOM FPS delayed once again to 2013-2014 window.
XCOM, the strategic first-person shooter in development at 2K Marin, won't be released before March 31, 2013, publisher Take-Two Interactive said today. The X-COM franchise spin-off, originally unveiled in 2010, is now part of Take-Two's fiscal 2014 slate.
Earlier this year, XCOM was still pegged for a fiscal 2013 release on the PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360. Take-Two's update on the game now puts the game's release somewhere between April 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014.
Since its unveiling at E3 2010, the game has been heavily delayed and retooled. It was originally planned for release in 2011.
2K Games has another XCOM title in the works, the action-strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown by Firaxis Games. That XCOM hews a bit closer to the classic X-COM series' strategic roots and is planned for release on the PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 in October.
For an update on how XCOM: Enemy Unknown is progressing, read our new preview of the game.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down