Ubisoft Rocksmith Tour kicks off in Germany
Ubisoft's Rocksmith Tour bus will head to Europe this summer starting June 1, following its road trip throughout the United States.
The double-decker tour bus will tour European rock festivals until September 9 and allow festival-goers to play the game and participate in multiplayer competitions to win real guitars.
Rocksmith is an educational tool that lets users plug a lead into the jack port of a real guitar and learn to play the instrument through a series of Guitar Hero-style minigames.
The game will release in Europe on October 12 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and later on PC, nearly one year since its North American.
The Rocksmith Tour bus will visit the following festivals:
- Germany - Rock am Ring (01-03/06/2012 - Nürburg)
- Sweden - Sweden Rock Festival (06-09/06/2012- Sölvesborg)
- France - Hellfest (14-16/06/2012 - Clisson)
- Switzerland - Greenfieldfestival (15-17/06/2012- Interlaken)
- United Kingdom - Isle of Wight (22-24/06/2012 - Isle of Wight)
- Austria - Donauinselfest (22-24/06/2012 - Vienna)
- France - Les Eurockéennes (29/06/2012 - 01/07/2012 - Belfort)
- Denmark - Roskilde festival (30/06 - 08/07/2012- Roskilde)
- Italy - Heineken Jammin Festival (05-07/07/2012 - Milan)
- Switzerland - Open Air Frauenfeld (06-08/07/2012 - Thurgovie)
- France - Musillac (13-15/07/2012 - Aix-les-Bains)
- Germany - Wacken Open Air (02 - 04/08/12 - Wacken)
- Germany - Gamescom Festival (17-19/08/2012 - Cologne)
- Switzerland - Open Air Gampel (19-22/08/2012- Gampel)
- United Kingdom - Reading Festival (24-26/08/12 - Reading)
- United Kingdom - Bestival (06-09/09/2012 - Isle of Wight)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends