Castlevania comes to Nintendo 3DS with Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate.
The Belmont clan will once again whip Dracula's minions into submission, this time on the Nintendo 3DS, as the latest issue of Nintendo Power reveals the existence of the previously rumored Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate.
According to details from the June issue of Nintendo Power, by way of GoNintendo, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate is in development for the 3DS by Spanish developer Mercury Steam. Reportedly, the game stars Trevor Belmont, the vampire killer first introduced in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse for the NES.
Mirror of Fate is said to feature "Trevor's version of the Combat Cross," the mystical whip weapon used by Gabriel Belmont in 2010's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Screenshots from the game show Trevor using his whip to slay skeletons and swing from chandeliers, seemingly restricted to a 2D plane in the game's 3D world.
GoNintendo's account of the Nintendo Power story indicates that the light and dark magic mechanics of Lords of Shadow will return, with players earning experience points to unlock new combos.
Konami has a pre-E3 event scheduled for later this week, where Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate may be unveiled.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft