Next Gears of War title is confirmed as an Xbox 360 release.
The next installment in the Gears of War series is confirmed for Xbox 360.
Despite Epic Games concluding the trilogy with the release of Gears of War 3 last year, Game Informer reports its upcoming issue will feature a look at the next game in the franchise said to take place in the Gears of War universe.
Gears of War 3 took place 18 months after events in the game that preceded it, and saw Marcus, Dom and the remaining human survivors fight together against the Locusts and Lambent.
While the third game in the series concluded its narrative arc, last year Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski stated the franchise still had more to give, suggesting the long history of its war meant a number of potential stories could be told within its setting.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30