South Park: The Stick of Truth is the name of the new South Park RPG.
South Park: The Stick of Truth is the name of Obsidian's upcoming role-playing game about the rise of a young hero in the darkly surreal Comedy Central animated television show South Park, according to a listing of the game on Xbox.com.
The listing, which popped up over the weekend, offers this brief summary for the THQ published title:
"From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park's savior. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become ... cool. Introducing South Park: The Stick of Truth."
The game will feature offline cooperative play, but no online play, according to the listing. There are plans for content downloads, though.
Screens included in the Xbox Live Marketplace listing show South Park's four main characters dressed as different RPG classes with a variety of weapons including staffs, bow and arrow, hammers and golf club.
The early listing, while official, could include information that could change. Certainly the release date, listed as May 5, is incorrect.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month