New action role-playing game coming from Insomniac Games.
The developers behind Resistance and Ratchet & Clank plan to release an adventure role-playing game to Facebook this summer called Outernauts, Electronic Arts announced today.
The game has players capturing and training exotic alien beasts as they work to uncover some ancient riddle and battle with pirates and evil corporations. Also, there's a galaxy to control. In the game, players will explore planets, harvest loot and fight asynchronously with or against other players. This will be the first social game from Insomniac Games.
"We see a huge opportunity to reach an entirely different audience of gamers through Facebook," Ted Price, President and Founder of Insomniac Games said in a prepared statement. "As we have demonstrated for nearly twenty years in the console games space, we're confident we can help evolve the definition of a game experience on Facebook. With Outernauts, we are delivering a deep story with real RPG strategy, coupled with Insomniac's signature sense of humor."
Outernauts is in closed beta testing with a planned summer release on Facebook.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song