Guardians of Middle Earth confirmed for Fall release with new CGI trailer.
The E3 2012 debut trailer for Guardians of Middle Earth is now available and offers a CGI take on the upcoming multiplayer online battle arena game coming this fall to Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.
Guardians of Middle Earth allows players to fight in 5v5 matches as "iconic guardians," including Gandalf, Sauron and Gollum. 20 characters will be available at launch while several new playable guardians will be released in conjunction with the film The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey scheduled to hit theaters this December.
Players will have the ability to connect to each other via an in-game voice communication system, as well as have access to an online stats and leaderboard system to track victories and defeats of friends.
The two minute trailer presents Gandalf, Gollum, Legolas and others in the heat of battle while fighting on DotA-style lanes, with each Guardian representing an archetypal role-playing class.
Guardians of Middle Earth is developed by Monolith, the studio behind F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode