Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 is confirmed in its first E3 trailer
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is confirmed for a 2013 release, according to the new E3 2012 trailer offered today from Konami.
The CGI footage sees the return of Gabriel Belmont as he transforms into a powerful smoke monster to attack army hordes and a golem-like abomination outside of a fortified castle.
According to the official website, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will add new twists to the preceding game's Dracula and Belmont origin story.
"In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers — and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."
Yesterday the game was leaked ahead of schedule thanks to a listing on the GameTrailers website.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?