Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 is confirmed in its first E3 trailer
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is confirmed for a 2013 release, according to the new E3 2012 trailer offered today from Konami.
The CGI footage sees the return of Gabriel Belmont as he transforms into a powerful smoke monster to attack army hordes and a golem-like abomination outside of a fortified castle.
According to the official website, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will add new twists to the preceding game's Dracula and Belmont origin story.
"In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers — and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."
Yesterday the game was leaked ahead of schedule thanks to a listing on the GameTrailers website.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules