Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 is confirmed in its first E3 trailer
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is confirmed for a 2013 release, according to the new E3 2012 trailer offered today from Konami.
The CGI footage sees the return of Gabriel Belmont as he transforms into a powerful smoke monster to attack army hordes and a golem-like abomination outside of a fortified castle.
According to the official website, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will add new twists to the preceding game's Dracula and Belmont origin story.
"In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the origin of Dracula and his legendary connection with the Belmonts was revealed. In Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, fans can expect thrilling new twists and challenges. In this shocking conclusion to the Lords of Shadow saga, Dracula returns once again, weakened and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Facing a new and powerful threat, the vampire lord must reacquire his old powers — and only his castle holds the key. However, the famed Belmont clan also seek his ultimate destruction."
Yesterday the game was leaked ahead of schedule thanks to a listing on the GameTrailers website.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- Hyrule Warriors Nintendo Direct coming Aug. 4
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders