Gorgeous graphics, tons of guns and zombies exploding. What more could you want?
While we're not totally sold on whether an FPS can work well on a touchscreen, we're open to being convinced. And the trailer for Dead Trigger does a heck of a lot of convincing. Developed by Madfinger, the folks who brought the Gears of War-styled Shadowgun to mobile devices, Dead Trigger seems focused on killing a lot of zombies with a wide range of weapons. Not exactly untrodden territory, but the tech behind this game is some of the best we've seen for iOS and Android.
As always, though, it's a question of controls. Can Madfinger jam movement, aiming, and firing onto a touchscreen device and have it not feel like a chore? It's something we won't know until we get our hands on the game. Good news for Android fans, though, since the game will support external third-party controllers when it launches later this year.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it