Metal Gear Online's services will terminate tomorrow.
Metal Gear Online, the online multiplayer spin-off for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, will terminate its services as of tomorrow, June 12.
The service's original intended lifespan was three years, but Konami had pushed back the deadline several times to support the loyal fans in its online community.
"We have regretfully come to a point where players have experienced all that this iteration of Metal Gear Online is able to offer," read the original February announcement on Konami's official site. The company then decided to end the service on its four-year anniversary, tomorrow.
Metal Gear Online was included with Metal Gear Solid 4 in North America and released as a standalone game in Japan. As of March 2009, the service had over 1.3 million active members worldwide.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!