Polygon and The Verge took to the streets of Los Angeles the Sunday before E3 2012 to officially kick the week off. Here you'll find links to all of Polygon's coverage from the big show, and pictures from the party.
After a painfully short weekend, E3 is far behind us and Teams Polygon and The Verge have, once again, spread to the four corners of the globe. This was our inaugural E3 and, even then, it's sort of pre-inaugural.
Hence the title of our E3 kick-off party on Sunday night: Polygon on The Verge. Thanks to the efforts of a lot of people at Vox Media — notably our incomparable production crew Nina Sokoler and Talia Keren-Zvi — the party was an incredible success. We were at capacity from the word "go" and stayed there until closing time. If you had to wait long, we hope that the free booze and snacks made up for it.
We also want to thank the developers behind the Xbox Live Arcade games at our event: to 17-Bit Studios' for loaning us Skulls of the Shogun, to Mossmouth for Spelunky, and to Capybara Games for Super TIME Force.
And lastly, we'd like to thank you! Whether you only read about E3 from home, or made it to our party, readers like you are what keep us in business and the response all week long was thoroughly humbling. We're working hard to make sure Polygon is going to knock you on your face, so thanks for being patient while we continue to overstay our welcome on the surprisingly spacious Verge couch.
If you stopped by the party and got your picture taken in front of the massive video step and repeat, you should be able to find it in the gallery below. If and when you find it, share it with us on Twitter or in the comments. We'd like to put a face to a name. If you want general party pics, well ... we've got a whole lot of those as well. Find those, as well as a breakdown of all of our E3 coverage, below.
Team Polygon produced hundreds of posts during E3 week so, in order to help you find what you're looking for, we grouped our coverage into a handful of StoryStreams, linked below:
- E3 2012: Editor's Choice Awards
- Nintendo's E3 press conference: Wii U, 3DS and 23 new games
- Sony at E3 2012: 'Beyond Two Souls,' Call of Duty on Vita, and PlayStation comes to HTC
- Ubisoft at E3 2012: From the Wii U-exclusive ZombiU to the stunning Watch Dogs
- Electronic Arts E3 2012 lineup: co-op in 'Dead Space 3,' open-world 'Need for Speed,' and more
- E3 2012: Xbox 360 coverage
- E3 2012: Wii U coverage
- E3 2012: PlayStation 3 coverage
- E3 2012: PC coverage
- E3 2012: PS Vita coverage
- E3 2012: Nintendo 3DS coverage
- E3 2012: Shooters
- E3 2012: MMOs
- E3 2012: Fighters
- E3 2012: RPGs
- E3 2012: Action
- E3 2012: Sports
- E3 2012: Misc
Cameras Gear Provided by BorrowLenses.com - Camera and Lens Rentals
- CounterSpy review: arms race
- 1080p will come to Xbox One games, but at a cost
- The police aren't an army: the problem with Battlefield Hardline
- Game dev harassment remains as bad as it was a year ago
- Ukraine's 4A Games lands in Malta: 'We are not betrayers'
- LittleBigPlanet 3's Oddsock cannot be stopped or contained
- Watch Jimmy Fallon gun down James Bond himself in GoldenEye 007
- Wasteland 2 will be officially released Sept. 19
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 listing appears on Xbox.com
- Atari's bringing back Haunted House and Alone in the Dark this fall