Pikmin 3 will not feature online multiplayer due to technical issues, according to Miyamoto.
Pikmin 3 will feature local multiplayer; however according to creator Shigeru Miyamoto it will not include online multiplayer.
Speaking to IGN, Miyamoto explained this is due to the technical difficulties of online connections.
"You have to be very careful that you don't drop frames as you're trying to sync up with other players over what could be a very great physical distance, over the internet.
"But in the situation of Pikmin, for example, since you would have lots of individual, small creatures, the Pikmin, whose every movement and location is going to be really important in the game, it would be very difficult to sync up over an internet connection.
"So what we've decided to do is focus on the single-player and local multiplayer aspects, which are really fun. But unfortunately, no online multiplayer for Pikmin 3. But the co-op local multiplayer is really fun."
The upcoming Wii U title is a direct sequel to Nintendo's GameCube title Pikmin 2 which released in North America in 2004 before being brought to the Wii in 2009.
The game is scheduled to release during the Wii U launch window.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards