Next Call of Duty title to be developed by Sledgehammer Games, a job listing confirms.
The next installment in the Call of Duty series will be developed by Sledgehammer Games, according to a recent job listing on the studio's website.
The ad, which has since been removed from the company's site, confirms the studio is hiring for a Senior FX Artist to help "create the most exceptional real-time effects with hyper realism for [its] next Call of Duty game".
In addition the listing states those applying must have "solid professional experience and knowledge of the limitations and performance of current generation hardware (360, PS3)," which may imply the game is to be developed for current-generation consoles.
Sledgehammer Games previously worked with developer Infinity Ward on last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Prior to this, Sledgehammer was said to be developing a third-person Call of Duty spin-off. However it is unknown whether the title in the listing refers to that project or a brand new first-person shooter.
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)