Dishonored will take 12 hours for fast, direct players to finish, according to its designers.
Dishonored will take 12 to 14 hours for "very direct" players to complete, co-creative directors Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio revealed in a Bethesda Q&A.
However users who plan to explore and eavesdrop during their playthrough may take twice as long to finish the game.
"Play-style matters a lot. Very direct players will probably get through the game in 12 or 14 hours. Explorers who eavesdrop a lot will take twice as long," answered the pair.
The developers also confirmed details about abilities in the game.
"There are six major active powers and four enhancements (passive powers), in addition to weapons and gadgets; plus there are 40 bone charms in the game that grant small supernatural perks. But no one can have all of these things in one playthrough."
Dishonored is due for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October 12.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there