EA's Origin platform offers major discounts discount previous comments made by the platform's head.
EA's Origin download platform features a number of major discounts, including one offering 87.5 percent off the price of Dragon Age: Origins.
66 percent savings are offered on Alice: Madness Returns and Darkspore, while Dead Space 2, Shank, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam, Mirror's Edge, The Saboteur, Gotham City Imposters, Gatling Gears, and Batman: Arkham Asylum are half price.
Discounts are based on current Origin prices, not original pricing.
This follows last week's comment from Origin head David DeMartini in which he claimed the platform would not offer major discounts in order to avoid the cheapening of intellectual property.
"We won't be doing that," DeMartini told GamesIndustry.biz. "Obviously they think it's the right thing to do after a certain amount of time. I just think it cheapens your intellectual property.
"We're trying to give you a fair price point, and occasionally there will be things that are on sale you could look for a discount, just don't look for 75 per cent off going-out-of-business sales."
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death