Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, BioWare's expansion of the game's controversial ending, is due out on June 26th.
The expansion will be available to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC players worldwide on June 26th, except for European PS3 users, who have to wait until July 4th.
The free 1.9 GB download fleshes out the story with "additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes," although BioWare was careful to point out that Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut only provides "more ... answers and closure" based on a player's unique Shepard and decisions — it doesn't change the endings themselves.
BioWare originally announced the Extended Cut in April, about a month after Mass Effect 3 came out and spawned an Internet outcry over its ending.
The studio released a podcast that provides more details on the Extended Cut through an interview that community manager Jessica Merizan did with executive producer Casey Hudson and lead writer Mac Walters. Check it out below.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes