Valve teases Team Fortress 2 tie-in with Adult Swim.
Is the Team Fortress 2 gang coming to a television near you? It's possible, as Valve and Cartoon Network spin-off Adult Swim are teasing an upcoming collaboration to be announced next week.
In a promo page on the Adult Swim web site, the network announces it's teaming up with Valve for "something that you'll probably enjoy."
"To learn how their video game peanut butter will be getting in our network's chocolate, come back next week," Adult Swim teases. The site urges visitors to sign up for its newsletter, writing, "You've been warned." We'll note that the newsletter sign-up page features TF2's Pyro, who says "We're your family now."
Yes, this announcement of an announcement is maddeningly vague, but given Valve's expertise in crafting delightful Team Fortress 2 character videos, we're intrigued.
The teaser announcement aligns with a currently running ARG happening within Team Fortress 2 right now. As part of a June 19th update to Team Fortress 2, Valve added a series of unusual objects – banana peels, goldfish, pocket lint – that have since unlocked a series of well-hidden clues that lead to... well, we're not sure just yet. Signs currently point to a new update centered on the Pyro class, which is next (and last) in line for a "Meet the Team" video. Valve has promised that "Meet the Pyro" will be released sometime in 2012.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'