Journey Collector's Edition, a Blu-ray collection of thatgamecompany's three PlayStation Network games, will launch Aug. 28 in North America for $29.99, the studio announced today.
The collection, which will be the company's first retail release, bundles 2007's Flow, 2009's Flower and 2012's Journey onto one disc, along with a host of bonus content.
As the titular game, Journey gets a particular focus with a half-hour making-of documentary and eight new PSN avatars. The highlight of the package is "Creator Commentary" for each game, which provides the opportunity to play through the titles with "insights ... straight from the minds of the designers, artists, engineers and composers who worked together to make these games so special."
The Collector's Edition also includes each game's original score, as well as three previously unreleased minigames developed during the studio's internal 24-hour game jams. "Gravediggers," "Duke War!!" and "Nostril Shot" offer "madcap competitive multiplayer action," a different experience from what we've come to expect from thatgamecompany.
Release information for regions outside North America is forthcoming, but for now, you can read the full list of bonus content below.
- 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary play-throughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including 8 exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon