Team Fortress 2 update Doomsday scheduled for this week.
Team Fortress 2 will get a new map, a game mode called Doomsday and the long overdue Meet the Pyro video as part of the Pyromania update, which will debut on Wednesday, Valve announced today.
According to the Team Fortress 2 website, "Doomsday pits BLU against RED, with only one team getting the honor of transporting a suitcase nuke full of recalled Mann Co. Australium to American monkeynaut Poopy Joe's rocket, so he can blast off and hunt down Soviet space chimp Vladimir Bananas."
The Doomsday map, which allows players to "relive one of the darkest days in TF history," will also include new achievements detailed on Doomsday's website.
Valve will be trickling details about the Pyromania update throughout the week, culminating in a video called "Meet the Pyro" that will premiere on Wednesday. In the meantime, you can check out the Pyromania update's countdown clock, whose blue flames are evidentially powering the countdown contraption.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Ubisoft 'forced' Watch Dogs dev into E3 2012 reveal