The latest on Diablo 3 patches.
Blizzard says it will update Diablo 3 on Tuesday, June 26th to fix a handful of issues not addressed by the recently deployed 1.03 patch. The latest patch, scheduled to hit at 5 am Blizzard Time, tweaks one of the game's hot topics: Equipment durability.
In the forthcoming patch, Blizzard notes that "equipped items will now take 'wear-and-tear' durability damage at half the previous rate" during normal combat. The 10% durability loss penalty players incur when they die will remain as-is, Blizzard says.
"Equipped items have always suffered durability loss while fighting, and we are simply slowing the rate at which the loss occurs," Blizzard explains in patch notes.
In addition to that durability change and a handful of bug and exploit fixes, Blizzard is also addressing buggy Zombie Bears. No longer will the Witch Doctor's ursine undead get stuck on certain objects or be unable to fight on slopes.
Blizzard says Diablo 3's scheduled maintenance will begin at 5 a.m. PDT and hopefully end at 7 a.m. PDT.
In Asia, maintenance runs 1:00 p.m. PDT to 3:00 p.m. PDT and in Europe from 8:00 p.m. PDT to 10:00 p.m. PDT.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)