Traviss told IGN earlier this month that she was no longer working on the Gears franchise.
This extends Bissell's years-long collaboration with Epic — he profiled design director Cliff Bleszinski for The New Yorker in 2008 and wrote The Art and Design of Gears of War, which appeared exclusively in the Epic Edition of Gears 3. Auten previously worked as a consultant with 20th Century Fox on titles such as James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game and Aliens vs. Predator.
Auten and Bissell are slated to appear on the "Gears of War: Past, Present & Future" panel at San Diego Comic-Con, along with Bleszinski, director of production Rod Fergusson, and Baird voice actor Fred Tatasciore. The panel appears to be focused on the Gears series as a whole, but will make time for a Q&A session, so you can prepare some Judgment questions for the writers if you're going to attend.
- A note from the (reviews) editor: No release-day Destiny review
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1