Traviss told IGN earlier this month that she was no longer working on the Gears franchise.
This extends Bissell's years-long collaboration with Epic — he profiled design director Cliff Bleszinski for The New Yorker in 2008 and wrote The Art and Design of Gears of War, which appeared exclusively in the Epic Edition of Gears 3. Auten previously worked as a consultant with 20th Century Fox on titles such as James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game and Aliens vs. Predator.
Auten and Bissell are slated to appear on the "Gears of War: Past, Present & Future" panel at San Diego Comic-Con, along with Bleszinski, director of production Rod Fergusson, and Baird voice actor Fred Tatasciore. The panel appears to be focused on the Gears series as a whole, but will make time for a Q&A session, so you can prepare some Judgment questions for the writers if you're going to attend.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You'll still get to customize your Dragon Age: Inquisition story, but later than expected
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28