Traviss told IGN earlier this month that she was no longer working on the Gears franchise.
This extends Bissell's years-long collaboration with Epic — he profiled design director Cliff Bleszinski for The New Yorker in 2008 and wrote The Art and Design of Gears of War, which appeared exclusively in the Epic Edition of Gears 3. Auten previously worked as a consultant with 20th Century Fox on titles such as James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game and Aliens vs. Predator.
Auten and Bissell are slated to appear on the "Gears of War: Past, Present & Future" panel at San Diego Comic-Con, along with Bleszinski, director of production Rod Fergusson, and Baird voice actor Fred Tatasciore. The panel appears to be focused on the Gears series as a whole, but will make time for a Q&A session, so you can prepare some Judgment questions for the writers if you're going to attend.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)