Traviss told IGN earlier this month that she was no longer working on the Gears franchise.
This extends Bissell's years-long collaboration with Epic — he profiled design director Cliff Bleszinski for The New Yorker in 2008 and wrote The Art and Design of Gears of War, which appeared exclusively in the Epic Edition of Gears 3. Auten previously worked as a consultant with 20th Century Fox on titles such as James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game and Aliens vs. Predator.
Auten and Bissell are slated to appear on the "Gears of War: Past, Present & Future" panel at San Diego Comic-Con, along with Bleszinski, director of production Rod Fergusson, and Baird voice actor Fred Tatasciore. The panel appears to be focused on the Gears series as a whole, but will make time for a Q&A session, so you can prepare some Judgment questions for the writers if you're going to attend.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What worlds will we explore in Destiny?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?