Square Enix's next gen Final Fantasy concept "Agni's Philosophy" revealed.
Square Enix has revealed "a real time technical demonstration movie that utilizes cutting edge game development technology," as seen through the lens of the Final Fantasy series. Dubbed "Agni's Philosophy", it's a stunning, action-packed video that offers another glimpse at the next-generation of video game graphics.
"Agni's Philosophy" is a demonstration of Square Enix's Luminous Studio, the engine the company is using to create "next generation quality games."
It's not the next Final Fantasy title, precisely – which would presumably be Final Fantasy XV – but a concept of what Square Enix might deliver on the next PlayStation, the next Xbox and future PC hardware. Square Enix points to the characters' "rich facial expressions, subtleties of their pupils and hair, and their brilliantly flowing garments" as highlights.
Square Enix says its next gen game engine is planned to support game consoles, PC, smartphones, and the web.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US