Deux Ex is heading to the big screen.
Deus Ex is heading to the big screen.
The rights to a film adaptation of Square Enix's cyberpunk title are now under ownership of CBS films, with Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh to produce, according to Variety.
CBS Films will work with developer Eidos Montreal on the adaptation based on last year's video game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
"As is clear from the wild success of the game, Square Enix and Eidos-Montreal know how to exceed their audience's expectations by engineering incredible worlds," said Terry Press, co-president of CBS Films. "No one knows Human Revolution like the team that created it, and we look forward to working with them from day one to make a film adaptation worthy of the Deus Ex name."
Also attached to the project are John P. Middleton who will serve as executive producer, Maria Failace as executive vice president of production, and creative executive Alex Ginno.
"As the millions of fans who have played the Deus Ex games for more than a decade will tell you, these games catapult you into a universe that is stimulating, engaging and relevant," said Phil Rogers, president and CEO of Square Enix Europe. "We're firm believers in building strong partnerships, and so we're thrilled to be working with CBS Films on bringing the unique Deus Ex experience to the bigscreen."
Askarieh is also working on film versions of another Hitman movie and films based on Just Cause and Kane and Lynch.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?