Tiny Wings version 2.0 brings a new mode and improved graphics.
Tiny Wings 2, releasing worldwide on July 12, is not actually a sequel. Instead, it's a free update to the original game, more aptly called Tiny Wings 2.0.
Tiny Wings 2.0 will add a new racing mode (called Flight School) and Retina quality graphics for the original.
Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."
In addition to the free iPhone update, an iPad-specific version called Tiny Wings HD will also be hitting the App Store on July 12. The HD version will have higher-quality graphics, a simultaneous, same-system racing mode for two players. Tiny Wings HD will sell for $2.99 while the iPhone version will remain at $.99.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)