Tiny Wings version 2.0 brings a new mode and improved graphics.
Tiny Wings 2, releasing worldwide on July 12, is not actually a sequel. Instead, it's a free update to the original game, more aptly called Tiny Wings 2.0.
Tiny Wings 2.0 will add a new racing mode (called Flight School) and Retina quality graphics for the original.
Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."
In addition to the free iPhone update, an iPad-specific version called Tiny Wings HD will also be hitting the App Store on July 12. The HD version will have higher-quality graphics, a simultaneous, same-system racing mode for two players. Tiny Wings HD will sell for $2.99 while the iPhone version will remain at $.99.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Candy Crush creator estimates its IPO could value the company at $7 billion
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Towerfall Diamond League
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC