Tiny Wings version 2.0 brings a new mode and improved graphics.
Tiny Wings 2, releasing worldwide on July 12, is not actually a sequel. Instead, it's a free update to the original game, more aptly called Tiny Wings 2.0.
Tiny Wings 2.0 will add a new racing mode (called Flight School) and Retina quality graphics for the original.
Speaking with TouchArcade, Andreas Illiger, the sole developer of Tiny Wings, said that he wanted to release a free update instead of a sequel "because then my fans will be happy on the release day when they see that the sequel isn't a seperate app and they will get it for free. I worked on the 2.0 version for the last 12 months and everyone told me I should make a seperate app out of it and sell it again (because it is almost a new game and I would earn a lot more money). It was a heavy decision for me to give away this new version for free but it feels right..."
In addition to the free iPhone update, an iPad-specific version called Tiny Wings HD will also be hitting the App Store on July 12. The HD version will have higher-quality graphics, a simultaneous, same-system racing mode for two players. Tiny Wings HD will sell for $2.99 while the iPhone version will remain at $.99.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- We knew Dark Souls 2 was missing something (it's Rocky)
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28