New screenshots for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V were unveiled today by Rockstar.
Two new screenshots for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V appeared today from Rockstar, showing off the game's San Andreas setting.
The much anticipated title was first announced last year, followed by a debut trailer which confirmed the game's modern-day setting in San Andreas and the surrounding area.
Responding in a Questions & Answer section on the official Rockstar blog, a Rockstar representative confirmed more details and assets will be available in the near future.
"We are very busy working on the game! Everything is going well, but the game is a huge project. We should have more information and some new assets for you soon."
Rockstar also offered an apology for the lack of information regarding the game up until now.
"As we have said before, we have often had long gaps between asset releases on previous games and will continue to do so in the future. We are sorry if you find this frustrating, but please understand, we don't do this because we ‘don't care about our fans' 'don't respect our fans' 'hate GTA fans etc' - precisely the opposite!
"We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100 percent correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information. We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet. We did, however, manage to sneak a quick screenshot out for you... it's not much, but we thought it was pretty fun."
The release date for Grand Theft Auto V is yet to be unveiled.
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Swing Copters, clones and the dismal failure of the 'open' app store
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Watch 20 minutes of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain gameplay from Gamescom
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us