New screenshots for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V were unveiled today by Rockstar.
Two new screenshots for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V appeared today from Rockstar, showing off the game's San Andreas setting.
The much anticipated title was first announced last year, followed by a debut trailer which confirmed the game's modern-day setting in San Andreas and the surrounding area.
Responding in a Questions & Answer section on the official Rockstar blog, a Rockstar representative confirmed more details and assets will be available in the near future.
"We are very busy working on the game! Everything is going well, but the game is a huge project. We should have more information and some new assets for you soon."
Rockstar also offered an apology for the lack of information regarding the game up until now.
"As we have said before, we have often had long gaps between asset releases on previous games and will continue to do so in the future. We are sorry if you find this frustrating, but please understand, we don't do this because we ‘don't care about our fans' 'don't respect our fans' 'hate GTA fans etc' - precisely the opposite!
"We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100 percent correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information. We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet. We did, however, manage to sneak a quick screenshot out for you... it's not much, but we thought it was pretty fun."
The release date for Grand Theft Auto V is yet to be unveiled.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!