Steam's annual Summer Sale kicked off earlier today, bringing with it huge discounts on thousands of games and developer catalogs hosted on the platform.
Steam's annual Summer Sale kicked off earlier today, bringing with it huge discounts on thousands of games and dozens of developer catalogs hosted on the platform.
The Summer Sale promotion will cycle in new batches of discounted games — almost all of which are more than half-off the standard price — every day, from today through July 22nd. Today, those deals include half-off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ($29.99), 75 percent off Portal 2 ($4.99), and 60 percent off Legend of Grimrock ($5.99), among others.
The promotion will also discount an additional game every eight hours, which will be chosen based on community votes. Franchise and developer packs will also be discounted for the length of the entire promotion — right now, you can grab six complete Telltale seasons for $49.99, the complete Valve collection for $49.99, and 15 THQ titles for $49.99 — that last one represents an insane 84 percent discount.
Check out the official Steam page to see all of today's deals, and check back in tomorrow for another wave of discounts.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Phil Spencer: Games with Gold will feel 'more true' to what consumers want in the future
- When a successful game is a failure
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- XBOne Classifieds