Gears of War: Judgment, the People Can Fly-developed next entry in Epic Games' shooter franchise, will launch on March 19, 2013, Epic Games announced today at San Diego Comic-Con.
G4's X-Play had previously confirmed a March 2013 release.
At its "Gears of War: Past, Present and Future" panel this afternoon, Epic Games showed a video in which G4 and IGN correspondent Jessica Chobot persuaded a fan to get a Gears of War tattoo on his right thigh, so that the publisher would reveal the Judgment release date.
The fan, Waldo Kinne, came up on stage at the panel and made the release date announcement, and then lifted up his shorts to show off the fresh tattoo. Despite some suggestions from Epic's Cliff Bleszinski and Rod Fergusson, panel host Morgan Webb elected not to poke the new ink.
The "Island" map was also revealed, set on a string of islands connected by bridges and tunnels that serve as supply and refueling stations for Halvo Bay.
Epic Games announced Judgment just before E3 via a Game Informer cover, as the story of Damon Baird. Keep re-reading our Judgment multiplayer preview between now and March 19.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'