Epic Games showed the tutorial at its "Gears of War: Past, Present, and Future" San Diego Comic-Con panel, which included Baird voice actor Frank Tatasciore. The tutorial provides a comprehensive explanation of the class-based mode, which sees a human team try to defend a generator from attacking Locust.
The panelists provided some personal tips: Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski suggested playing as a Ticker and flanking a preoccupied human team, while director of production Rod Fergusson explained how a Grenadier and three Tickers can make headway — the Grenadier can throw out grenades that the Ticker can swallow, which turns the little beasts into effective suicide bombers.
Epic also provided some screenshots of a newly revealed Overrun map, Island, which we've made available in the gallery below.
Gears of War: Judgment, which is in development at People Can Fly and Epic Games, will launch exclusively for Xbox 360 on March 19, 2013.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding