Epic Games showed the tutorial at its "Gears of War: Past, Present, and Future" San Diego Comic-Con panel, which included Baird voice actor Frank Tatasciore. The tutorial provides a comprehensive explanation of the class-based mode, which sees a human team try to defend a generator from attacking Locust.
The panelists provided some personal tips: Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski suggested playing as a Ticker and flanking a preoccupied human team, while director of production Rod Fergusson explained how a Grenadier and three Tickers can make headway — the Grenadier can throw out grenades that the Ticker can swallow, which turns the little beasts into effective suicide bombers.
Epic also provided some screenshots of a newly revealed Overrun map, Island, which we've made available in the gallery below.
Gears of War: Judgment, which is in development at People Can Fly and Epic Games, will launch exclusively for Xbox 360 on March 19, 2013.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort