Epic Games showed the tutorial at its "Gears of War: Past, Present, and Future" San Diego Comic-Con panel, which included Baird voice actor Frank Tatasciore. The tutorial provides a comprehensive explanation of the class-based mode, which sees a human team try to defend a generator from attacking Locust.
The panelists provided some personal tips: Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski suggested playing as a Ticker and flanking a preoccupied human team, while director of production Rod Fergusson explained how a Grenadier and three Tickers can make headway — the Grenadier can throw out grenades that the Ticker can swallow, which turns the little beasts into effective suicide bombers.
Epic also provided some screenshots of a newly revealed Overrun map, Island, which we've made available in the gallery below.
Gears of War: Judgment, which is in development at People Can Fly and Epic Games, will launch exclusively for Xbox 360 on March 19, 2013.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free