Deadpool: The Video Game announced by Marvel, Activision and High Moon Studios at Comic-Con.
Marvel's wise-cracking mercenary Wade Wilson — aka Deadpool — is getting his own video game. Activision and Marvel unveiled Deadpool at Comic-Con today, the next project from Transformers: War for Cybertron developer High Moon Studios.
A man dressed as Deadpool took to the stage to announce the new game, simply titled Deadpool, at Marvel's video game panel at Comic-Con today. It's a violent third-person action game, full of gunplay, swordplay, decapitations and foul-mouthed jokes. Deadpool showed the crowd a censored version of the game's debut trailer, with puppy heads and rainbows obscuring the gore, and bleeps ensuring that the trailer's language remained PG.
Following the Marvel Games panel, Activision and Marvel released the un-edited trailer for Deadpool, which you can watch below.
Deadpool has made supporting playable appearances in past Marvel games, including X-Men Legends 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Deadpool will be voiced by actor Nolan North, who has portrayed the character in previous games and Marvel's Hulk Vs. animated movie.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- EVE's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?