Deadpool: The Video Game announced by Marvel, Activision and High Moon Studios at Comic-Con.
Marvel's wise-cracking mercenary Wade Wilson — aka Deadpool — is getting his own video game. Activision and Marvel unveiled Deadpool at Comic-Con today, the next project from Transformers: War for Cybertron developer High Moon Studios.
A man dressed as Deadpool took to the stage to announce the new game, simply titled Deadpool, at Marvel's video game panel at Comic-Con today. It's a violent third-person action game, full of gunplay, swordplay, decapitations and foul-mouthed jokes. Deadpool showed the crowd a censored version of the game's debut trailer, with puppy heads and rainbows obscuring the gore, and bleeps ensuring that the trailer's language remained PG.
Following the Marvel Games panel, Activision and Marvel released the un-edited trailer for Deadpool, which you can watch below.
Deadpool has made supporting playable appearances in past Marvel games, including X-Men Legends 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Deadpool will be voiced by actor Nolan North, who has portrayed the character in previous games and Marvel's Hulk Vs. animated movie.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31