Deadpool: The Video Game announced by Marvel, Activision and High Moon Studios at Comic-Con.
Marvel's wise-cracking mercenary Wade Wilson — aka Deadpool — is getting his own video game. Activision and Marvel unveiled Deadpool at Comic-Con today, the next project from Transformers: War for Cybertron developer High Moon Studios.
A man dressed as Deadpool took to the stage to announce the new game, simply titled Deadpool, at Marvel's video game panel at Comic-Con today. It's a violent third-person action game, full of gunplay, swordplay, decapitations and foul-mouthed jokes. Deadpool showed the crowd a censored version of the game's debut trailer, with puppy heads and rainbows obscuring the gore, and bleeps ensuring that the trailer's language remained PG.
Following the Marvel Games panel, Activision and Marvel released the un-edited trailer for Deadpool, which you can watch below.
Deadpool has made supporting playable appearances in past Marvel games, including X-Men Legends 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Deadpool will be voiced by actor Nolan North, who has portrayed the character in previous games and Marvel's Hulk Vs. animated movie.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)