Sony reveals new PlayStation All-Stars fighters at Comic-Con.
The roster of Sony and SuperBot Entertainment's crossover fighting game PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale has grown. Today at Comic-Con, developers from SuperBot unveiled two new fighters: the duo Jak and Daxter and Cole McGrath from Infamous.
Cole and Jak and Daxter join the cross-game, cross-publisher roster, which already includes Kratos from God of War, Nathan Drake fromUncharted, PaRappa the Rapper, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, Fat Princess, Big Daddy from BioShock, Radec from Killzone 2, Heihachi from Tekken and PlayStation mascot Toro.
One of Jak's super moves in Battle Royale sees him transform into Light Jak from Jak 3, spawning glowing wings and giving him the ability to throw fireballs. Cole's super move gives the Infamous star a third-person shooter view of the arena, giving him control of a massive black tornado that can sweep across the stage, damaging opponents.
The crossover game's developers held a panel at Comic-Con today to show the early development of the game, including concept sketches of stage mash-ups, like the Patapon meets God of War 3's Hades arena. Early in development, SuperBot said, stage events could kill players. In one example, a Hot Shots Golf stage was planned to rain golfballs down on players, wiping them out. SuperBot said that the concept was too "punitive" to players.
SuperBot showed an early greenlight video of the game — when it was still named Title Fight — featuring Kratos, PaRappa the Rapper, Fat Princess and Sweet Tooth fighting in various arenas. One of those battles took place on a train that was taking fire from Warhawk aircraft. SuperBot cautioned that elements from the Title Fight promotional video wer not necessarily slated to appear in the final game.
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale is scheduled to hit the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on October 23rd.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Play Mass Effect 3's ultimate space battle with this Homeworld 2 mod
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- A look back on Harvest Moon, the unlikely console farming simulator
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- Easter eggs? Here are two in Garden Warfare — including the Slender Man
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action