Electric City: The Revolt , a mobile RPG based on Tom Hanks' animated series Electric City, is available today.
Electric City: The Revolt , an RPG based on Tom Hanks' animated series Electric City, is available today on the iOS App Store and Google Play, according to developer Jump Games.
The mobile RPG was developed in partnership with Playtone, Hanks' production company, and "allows players to step into the role of a key character from the series as he attempts to undermine the control of the Electric City and restore freedom to its people," according to a press release from Jump Games.
"We always knew that Electric City was a big, multi-dimensional story, and that it made sense to present it in a non-traditional way," said Playtone partner Gary Goetzman. "We felt that games and mobile content would be a great way to explore backstory and push the parameters of our world."
In addition to the game, Electric City will also receive a free mobile app today that will include comics, behind the scenes features, character guides, and episodes of the animated series as they are released. Hanks' animated series Electric City premiers today on Yahoo Screen.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Würst Day Ever? (Fri 14 March)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Contest: "A Haiku for Strider" (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One)
- Participate in the 100th Episode of Friends List!