Sound Shape, the upcoming platformer with a musical variation, will include three original tracks by Beck in a level designed by Pyramid Attack, developer Queasy Games announced today.
Sound Shapes, the upcoming platformer with a musical variation, will include three original tracks by Beck, developer Queasy Games announced today.
The three unreleased tracks — "Cities," "Touch the People," and "Spiral Staircase" — are currently exclusive to Sound Shapes and combine to form a level (or "album," as they're labeled in-game) called "Cities."
The level’s artwork will be created by Steve Wilson of design firm Pyramid Attack, who gamers may know from the company's work on the opening cutscene from Guitar Hero 2. After players complete the levels in the campaign, the music and artwork become available to create custom tracks and levels, which they'll be able to share with the Sound Shapes community.
Artists previously announced for Sound Shapes include Jim Guthrie of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery fame, deadmau5, and I Am Robot and Proud.
Sound Shapes and its five albums are queued for an August 7th release on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita — and buying either version entitles you to the other at no extra cost. You can watch the video below to see the new Beck levels in beautiful, audiovisual action.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios