Rock Band Blitz, Harmonix's downloadable extension of its Rock Band franchise, will launch for PSN on August 27th and for XBLA on August 28th for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points), the developer announced today.
Rock Band Blitz, Harmonix's downloadable extension of its Rock Band franchise, will launch on PSN on August 27th and on XBLA on August 28th for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points), the developer announced today.
Harmonix also revealed four additional songs for the game's track list: Kool & The Gang's "Jungle Boogie," "We Are Young" by Fun, "Sing" by My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold's "So Far Away." Nineteen tunes have now been confirmed for Blitz; the game is compatible with the entire Rock Band song catalog, and it allows you to export its songs for play in Rock Band 3.
Unlike the console Rock Band titles, Blitz is a single-player game with the classic asynchronous multiplayer element of competitive leaderboards. It's a powerup-focused beat-matching experience that resembles Harmonix's first release, Frequency, albeit with two gems per instrument instead of three. For more, watch the trailer below and read our preview from April.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down