Shadowrun Online available on Kickstarter, with a funding goal of $500,000.
A Kickstarter campaign for the funding of Shadowrun Online has begun on the crowdfunding website, and developer Cliffhanger Productions is aiming to secure $500,000 to cover development costs.
The free-to-play title will be accessible through browsers and tablets. Users will also be able to connect with the Shadowrun Universe website where they can transfer achievements and send messages. In addition, fluctuations in in-game stocks will be reflected in the official pen and paper timeline of the game's tabletop edition. A campaign book for the online game will be produced for Shadowrun 4th edition, as well.
Beyond its free-to-play model, the game will feature a premium subscription of roughly $10 per month which will reduce the amount of time spent grinding, improve in-game reputation, earn the user karma, and offer you discounts with in-game vendors.
This is one of two Shadowrun games funded through the Kickstarter platform, alongside the fully-funded Harebrained Schemes' title Shadowrun Returns which reached its funding goal of $400,000 within 28 hours of its launch on the website. Shadowrun Online currently has over $54,000 with 793 backers and 26 days remaining.
Cliffhanger Productions previously worked on Jagged Alliance Online before the development of the Shadowrun title.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs