Funcom CEO takes new role at launch of The Secret World.
Funcom's modern-day fantasy MMO The Secret World officially launches tomorrow, July 3rd. On the eve of the game's release, the company's CEO, Trond Arne Aas, says he's resigning his position for a new role – Strategic Advisor to the Board and Chief Strategy Officer.
Replacing Aas will be the company's former COO, Ole Schreiner, "one of Funcom's longest-serving employees," who has also worked directly on Anarchy Online, Age of Conan and The Secret World.
"It feels like a very natural point in time for me to make the transition to a new and freer role in the company," Aas said in an official announcement. While the timing of Aas transition could seem worrying, he says the "Company's financial position is strong and the foundation of the Company's long-term product and technology strategy is in place."
Funcom's official announcement stresses that Aas will be "working actively" on the recently announced LEGO MMO in development at the Norwegian game developer.
The Secret World, a game Funcom calls "the company's greatest investment," goes live in North America and Europe this week. Electronic Arts is co-publishing the online role-playing game.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft