Daniel Way is penning the upcoming Deadpool game.
The upcoming Deadpool game in development by High Moon Studios will be written by the comic series' current author, Daniel Way, it was revealed in a press release penned by Deadpool himself.
"We weren't actually planning on making a Deadpool game," the head of High Moon Studios, Peter Della Penna, joked in a statement. "But, Deadpool came by the studio one day, said he was taking over, and that if I didn't hire Marvel writer Daniel Way pronto and make the most amazing Deadpool video game, he'd break both of our arms and beat us to death with them. I have kids, so we're making the game."
Daniel Way is also known for his work on the comic Wolverine: Origins and Hit-Monkey, the latter of which is being adapted into a video game by High Moon Studios and Activision, it was announced earlier in the month.
Deadpool is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next year. The game was revealed at this year's San Diego Comic-Con during Marvel's video game panel.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC