Daniel Way is penning the upcoming Deadpool game.
The upcoming Deadpool game in development by High Moon Studios will be written by the comic series' current author, Daniel Way, it was revealed in a press release penned by Deadpool himself.
"We weren't actually planning on making a Deadpool game," the head of High Moon Studios, Peter Della Penna, joked in a statement. "But, Deadpool came by the studio one day, said he was taking over, and that if I didn't hire Marvel writer Daniel Way pronto and make the most amazing Deadpool video game, he'd break both of our arms and beat us to death with them. I have kids, so we're making the game."
Daniel Way is also known for his work on the comic Wolverine: Origins and Hit-Monkey, the latter of which is being adapted into a video game by High Moon Studios and Activision, it was announced earlier in the month.
Deadpool is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next year. The game was revealed at this year's San Diego Comic-Con during Marvel's video game panel.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Documentary that explores queerness in games out now for pay what you want price
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?