"New Super Mario Bros. 2" digital purchase will net players twice as many Club Nintendo coins as those who buy retail copies.
Purchasing New Super Mario Bros. 2 digitally on the Nintendo 3DS eShop will earn players twice as many Club Nintendo coins as buying a physical copy, Club Nintendo announced.
Players must link their 3DS to their Club Nintendo account, download the game, and complete a registration survey by September 20th to claim 100 coins. Registering retail copies of the game will only net buyers 50 coins. Members can trade in coins for exclusive goods or collect them throughout the year to achieve Platinum or Gold player status.
In Japan, Demon Training is also running a similar promotion. Nintendo is offering double the amount of Nintendo Coins for digital purchases as well as a free download of Donkey Kong for Virtual Console.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be the first Nintendo game to be released for retail and digitally on the same day, as well as the only current first-party title to offer paid DLC in North America. The game will release in Europe on August 17th and North America on August 19th.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19