Nintendo's Wii U console could be on sale as soon as December 2012, according to a GameStop new release sheet that details the upcoming software releases for the console.
Nintendo's Wii U console could be released in mid-November 2012, according to a GameStop new release sheet that details the upcoming software releases for the console.
The list, which was distributed to GameStops around the US for internal use, shows at least 14 Wii U games with planned release dates ranging from November 2012 to January 2013, with the earliest being November 14. Some of the games on the list include Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition, Tank! Tank! Tank!, A Super Mario Bros. game, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Assassin's Creed 3.
Release dates sent to retailers are not always accurate and the dates listed are only when they are anticipated to be in store. Nintendo has not announced an official release date for the Wii U, although it is expected in the 2012 holiday season. If the list happens to be right, it looks like the Wii U might receive a November release.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28