Torchlight 2 is four times the game for your buck, according to developer Runic Games.
Torchlight 2 is four times the size of its 2009 predecessory, according to developer Runic Games.
As stated in an infograph on the studio's blog, the upcoming dungeon crawler will also feature twice as many player skills, three times as many boss battles, four times as many music tracks, and six times as many unique zones.
"In terms of scale, Torchlight II is close to 4x the scale of Torchlight 1 as far as assets go, and probably close to that as far as playtime," writes designer Travis Baldree. "Ideally, the multiplayer that everyone has asked for will further increase the longevity of the game (we certainly hope so!)."
In addition, while a number of monsters and items will make a return, all assets in the game are new.
Torchlight 2 will be available for $20, like the original title. The game is expected to release to PC this Summer after its initial 2011 release date was pushed back.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed