Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two received a video today that explores the game's story.
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, the upcoming platformer from Junction Point Studios and designer Warren Spector, received a video today that explores the challenges in writing an interactive story.
In the video, Marv Wolfman, the game's writer and former editor-in-chief at Marvel Comics, explains the interplay of interactivity and storytelling.
"[With] comics, as a writer, I control everything," Wolfman said. "Video games are unique in that the player is affecting things and therefore you have to take that info account and give the information that's necessary in ways that give them the freedom to go off and do it the way they want."
At Comic-Con 2012, Polygon attended a panel where Warren Spector, the game's designer, spoke about the predominance of player choice, which Spector said would require three playthroughs to navigate all of the possibilities.
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is scheduled for a November 18th release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Mac, and PC. You can watch the video and learn a thing or two about storytelling below.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Easter eggs? Here are two in Garden Warfare — including the Slender Man