Id Software has announced the full panel schedule for QuakeCon.
Today id Software announced the panel and presentation schedule for bring-your-own computer gaming convention QuakeCon 2012, which takes place next Thursday, August 2nd until Sunday, August 5th in Dallas, TX.
- Thursday, August 2nd at 2:00 pm – Keynote by id's John Carmack.
- Friday, August 3rd at 11:30 a.m. – "The Game of Making Games," with Jens Matthies (MachineGames), Raphael Colantonio (Arkane Studios), Ted Price (Insomniac Games), Todd Howard (Bethesda Game Studios), and moderated by Blair Herter (G4TV).
- Friday, August 3rd at 1:00 p.m. – "Capture the Fan: Making Multiplayer Games That Last," with Chet Faliszek (Valve Software), Marty Stratton ( id Software), Max Hoberman, (Certain Affinity), and moderated by Kevin Kelly (Wizard World).
- Friday, August 3rd at 2:30 p.m. – "Looking Back at Looking Glass,"with designer and writerAustin Grossman, Emil Pagliarulo (Bethesda Game Studios), Tom Leonard, (Valve Software), and moderated by Harvey Smith (Arkane Studios).
- Friday, August 3rd at 4:00 p.m. –"Talking Shop: Skyrim, Modding and Steam," with Chet Faliszek (Valve Software), Joel Burgess (Bethesda Game Studios), and moderated by Nick Breckon (Bethesda Softworks).
- Friday, August 3rd at 6:00 p.m. –"Virtual Insanity," with John Carmack (id Software), Michael Abrash (Valve Software), Palmer Luckey (ModRetro), and moderated by Todd Hollenshead (id Software).
- Saturday, August 4th at 11:00 a.m. – "GameTrailers' Bonus Round," with industry veteran Adam Sessler, Harvey Smith (Arkane Studios), Michael Pachter (Wedbush Securities), Raphael Colantonio (Arkane Studios), and moderated by Geoff Keighley (GameTrailers TV).
- Saturday, August 4th at 12: 30 p.m. – "Celebrating id Modding," with Brendon Chung (Blendo Games), Robert Duffy (id Software), JP LeBreton (Double Fine), and moderated by Justin Blankenship (Hit Detection).
- Saturday, August 4th at 1:30 p.m. – "Idle Thumbs Podcast: Arena," with Chris Remo (Double Fine), Jake Rodkin (Telltale Games), JP LeBreton, (Double Fine), Nick Breckon (Bethesda Softworks) and Steve Gaynor (The Fullbright Company).
Note that all times are in Central time.
Polygon will be on-site providing coverage for all your QuakeCon needs.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance